Ubiquinol is the biologically active form of the premier antioxidant Coenzyme Q10. Ubiquinol was first discovered in 1957 and had been marketed as one of the most effective antioxidant supplements starting 2006. According to health experts, it is the best form of Coenzyme Q10 and what should be used instead of the conventional CoQ10 supplements. One form of ubuiquinol, Kaneka QH is the most researched among all forms of CoQ10, which is also said to produce very potent health benefits. Clinical researches suggest that this nutrient offers heart protective and superior anti-ageing effects for the human body.
Ubiquinol is easily absorbed in the body, by up to 8 times better than CoQ10. Coq10 absorption is difficult and only 4% of it, out of the total concentration in liquid gels and capsules reaches the blood. CoQ10 is also dependent on the body’s levels of Vitamin E for metabolism and utilisation. The body produces its own levels of Coenzyme Q10 and then converts it to ubiquinol. However, CoQ10 production and conversion to ubiquinol decrease with age. Low ubiquinol levels have been observed in the elderly and in patients with diabetes, liver problems, neurologic conditions, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Ubiquinol plays a very important role in promoting optimum cardiovascular health. It helps recharge the cells in the heart muscle for improved function. It also delivers potent antioxidant protection for the heart against free radical damage, one of the major predisposing factors in the development of fatal cardiovascular diseases. In Japan, ubiquinol is used in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
- Ubiquinol supplements boost energy up to the cellular level. It may just be the best answer to lack of energy or fatigue usually experienced after a long day of work, household chores, and other tiring activities which are part of your daily routine.
- Ubiquinol CoQ10 helps prevents premature ageing and helps restore youthful stamina. In one test on mice, it slowed the ageing process by 51% than the control mice and 40% in the mice given with the traditional CoQ10 supplement. The anti-ageing benefits of Ubiquinol also help in inhibiting the progress of degenerative diseases.
- Ubiquinol boosts memory and improves brain functions. It has been shown to support healthy memory, concentration, and focus. Kaneka Ubiquinol also protects the nerve cells from the formation of amyloid plaques, the trademark of Alzheimer’s disease.
- This Coq10 metabolite protects the cells and the DNA from free-radical damage. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that initiate damage to the cells of the brain, heart, eyes, and immune system. Antioxidant protection from ubiquinol ensures optimum functioning of these vital organs.
- Kaneka QH heightens immune system defenses. Ubiquinol help supply immune cells with their needed energy to fight off bacteria, viruses, and fungi that can cause illnesses.
Ubiquinol Side Effects
Ubiquinol side effects are rare. Some reported side effects from taking supplemental ubiquinol include nausea, headache, and stomach upset.