free web
stats

NOW Foods Calcium Magnesium Powder

$25.00
Size
227 grams
NOW Foods Calcium Magnesium Powder

Now Foods Calcium & Magnesium Powder combines the three most important bone health nutrients into one complete supplement. It uses the citrate forms of calcium and magnesium to ensure maximum absorption to nourish the bones, teeth, muscles, and nerves for optimum functioning. Vitamin D3 completes the synergy because of its ability to maintain hormonal balance and support normal bone structure.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 1/4 Level Teaspoons (4.5g)
Servings Per Container: 50

 

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)

200 IU

 50%

Calcium (from Calcium Citrate)

400 mg

 40%

Magnesium (from Magnesium Citrate)

400 mg

 100%

Other Ingredients: None

Suggested Use

Mix 1 1/4 level teaspoons (4.5g) of powder into at least 250ml of juice or water. Take daily with meals. This product must be diluted into a liquid before ingestion.

 

  • Calcium and magnesium work together to maintain healthy bones and teeth. Calcium is the primary mineral that makes up the bones and magnesium helps the body absorb this very important mineral. Calcium and magnesium deficiency can lead to osteoporosis, a condition where the bone becomes porous and more prone to fractures. Other symptoms associated with low calcium and magnesium levels include tooth decay and other oral infections.
  • Calcium and magnesium work together to support optimum cardiovascular health and functions. These two minerals keep blood pressure levels within normal range to prevent cardiovascular conditions due to high blood pressure. Elevated blood pressure levels or hypertension increases the risk for heart attacks, aneurysms, and stroke.
  • Calcium and magnesium are essential for nerve functions. According to studies, these two minerals help maintain normal transmission of impulses in the nerves. It is due to them being both positively charged particles and the nerve being negatively charged which creates the flow of current. Taking calcium and magnesium supplements may protect the nerves from the negative effects of deficiencies like facial tics, muscle cramps, painful muscle spasms, eye twitches and fibromyalgia.
  • Magnesium helps control blood sugar levels. This mineral is involved in carbohydrate metabolism that its deficiency has been linked with higher chances of developing type 2 diabetes as well as diabetic neuropathy.
  • Calcium and magnesium promotes overall mental health. Calcium helps in providing the body with adequate sleep and rest periods by helping the body convert tryptophan to melatonin, the substance that regulates sleep. Magnesium deficiency has been strongly associated with depression. Getting enough of magnesium from the diet or from supplements help prevent magnesium deficiency.

Calcium and magnesium are two of the most important nutrients needed to keep the human body healthy. The body needs calcium in large amounts and good thing that a lot of foods are rich in calcium. Dietary sources of calcium include milk, cheese, yogurt, spinach, tofu, sardines, salmon, almonds, and sesame seeds. The bones and teeth have the largest calcium concentration in the body of up to 99% and the remaining 1% is deposited into the extra-cellular fluid and other tissues. Aside from being the most valuable mineral to bone health, calcium is also needed to for normal functioning of the muscles, heart, iron metabolism, sleep cycle, and blood clot formation. Before the body can gain from all the benefits of calcium, it must be properly absorbed through the help of magnesium. Like calcium, the body also gets substantial supply of magnesium from foods including milk and milk products, meat, fish, apricots, apples, bananas, nuts, cereals, leafy greens, and cocoa. Mineralised water and other beverages also provide the body with magnesium at respectable quantities. Majority of magnesium in the body is found in the bones, up to 60%. The other 40% are concentrated in the soft tissues, primarily those found in the heart and brain. Magnesium is needed for the relaxation of heart muscles, maintenance of cardiac muscle tone, and blood pressure control. Vitamin D3 also aids in calcium absorption into the bones for bone strength and prevention of osteoporosis. NOW Foods Calcium & Magnesium Powder contains the citrate forms of Calcium and Magnesium for increased absorption and fortified with Vitamin D3 to ensure that your bones gets all the calcium and magnesium it needs to maintain strength over the years.